Shirley Hatch’s Caramel Rolls
Contributed By Val
Ingredients:
1 Roll of frozen bread dough
Butter
Combination of Cinnamon and Sugar
4oz Sour Cream
1 cup Brown Sugar
Directions:
1. Let dough thaw per package directions.
2. Let dough rise and punch down.
3. Roll dough into oblong shape.
4. Spread dough with soft butter then sprinkle with combination of cinnamon and sugar.
5. Put sour cream in bottom of 9x13 pan and mix with brown sugar.
6. Cook on medium until sugar dissolves, stir well. (I’m sure mom and Shirley had metal pans to do this, I don’t so I cook this in a pot and then transfer to my glass pan.)
7. Roll dough narrow side across until the dough is a long roll.
8. Cut about 1 ½ inch thick and lay in brown sugar & sour cream mixture.
9. Let rise until double in size.
10. Bake at 375 about 15 min until brown, rolls will raise more while baking.
Tip: I’ve frosted these with a cream cheese icing, they taste good with or without the icing. I also have made a from scratch bread dough, just use enough dough for one loaf of bread. This is a recipe Shirley told mom as she was making them, these ladies didn’t use exact measurements so be your own judge on the butter and cinnamon/sugar amounts.
No comments:
Post a Comment